The Last of Heath

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
kor

Very, very interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Great article :twothumbsup:

Thank you very much for sharing.

Pretty good

Great read. Thanks

“He filmed himself constantly, from every angle possible,” Amato says, “making faces, learning how he looked from different angles. He practiced a lot of shit on me because I was his video-chat buddy when he was making his coffee at work. He probably did the Alexander technique [a movement method for removing physical and mental stress] a dozen times in front of my face on video chat, where he would morph into the Joker.”

Younce recalls a party on South Orange a few days after Ledger first read the script for Dark Knight. “He acted out a scene that scared the fuck out of me,” Younce says. “He was just going through this scenario, and I remember he was being really candid and funny about it. I think this was before they had even created the makeup or anything, and I was really freaked out.”

By the weekend, everyone had returned, and the Masses office became an open-all-night port of call. Amato was busy channeling his heartbreak into editing both the Bon Iver shoots and, more important at the time, a 10-minute memorial video for the service in L.A. Among the moments from Ledger’s life he included was footage the actor shot of himself with the camera: spinning around with joy in London’s Hyde Park between The Dark Knight takes, absorbing the scene at Burning Man, surfing, stoking a campfire on a Mexican shore.

sucks that we can never see these clips of Heath that he had took of himself on the set
“I’m really annoyed at what I’ve seen in papers — that the darkness of the Joker character took over his personality. That is so ridiculously wrong,” says Auber, who was in London during The Dark Knight shoot, working with Ledger on the Modest Mouse video. “He was having a lot of fun. He was really enjoying it. He wasn’t dark at all. It was actually a real happy moment when I was in London [with him]. Matilda was there, Michelle was there. They were a happy family. He had a lot of free time for London and his friends — he would only shoot a few days a week. He really was not depressed by the character at all.”

Many people are selfish about Heath.
They're only sad he passed because he can't return as the Joker.
He should be remembered not just as the Joker, but also as a person.

Baconboy wrote:Many people are selfish about Heath.
We didn't know him as a person. :|

steveportee wrote:
Baconboy wrote:Many people are selfish about Heath.
We didn't know him as a person. :|
Whether we did is not important.
We just need to realize that he was one.
Not a deranged psycho who kills for the fun of it.
I was saying that we shouldn't wish he was still here because of one movie.