NHL Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
JAWS_Fan17 wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:If I understand Peace you're a Stars fan (I'm a Montreal Canadiens one)

What did you think of the trade Erik Cole vs Michael Ryder, I never understood that trade from the Stars POV

How are they doing so well this year, those fuckers. :x
yeah it's really weird :P The team is very lucky in a lot of games, we don't have a Stanley Cup contender this year, maybe in 2-3 years, the core of the team is still very young, but everyone in Montreal is surprised of the situation

Now Where Was I ? wrote:If I understand Peace you're a Stars fan (I'm a Montreal Canadiens one)

What did you think of the trade Erik Cole vs Michael Ryder, I never understood that trade from the Stars POV
I do. We couldn't keep on paying him. Also Cole fits in nice. Stars needed a guy like him. I liked Ryder but he was somewhat streaky. I was kinda pissed at first but I'm happy with it now. Dude has grit and gets in front of the net to get goals.

And DD I bet he did love it. If you love Hockey there is prob nothing better then covering it in Canada. And in a city that was happy to get a NHL team.

I remember a few seasons ago when Montreal made that run for that cup. What was it two series where they came back from being down 3-1?
Say Girl

Peace wrote:

I do. We couldn't keep on paying him. Also Cole fits in nice. Stars needed a guy like him. I liked Ryder but he was somewhat streaky. I was kinda pissed at first but I'm happy with it now. Dude has grit and gets in front of the net to get goals.

And DD I bet he did love it. If you love Hockey there is prob nothing better then covering it in Canada. And in a city that was happy to get a NHL team.

I remember a few seasons ago when Montreal made that run for that cup. What was it two series where they came back from being down 3-1?
yeah the team was really terrible, but Jaroslav Halak became a god for a month, we came back 1-3 against Caps (when they were still good) with Halak making three 40 saves games in 4 days (even one with 55!), we came back 1-3 against Penguins also before losing to Flyers. The city was going nuts

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Peace wrote:

yeah the team was really terrible, but Jaroslav Halak became a god for a month, we came back 1-3 against Caps (when they were still good) with Halak making three 40 saves games in 4 days (even one with 55!), we came back 1-3 against Penguins also before losing to Flyers. The city was going nuts
Fuck yeah it was The Caps and The Penguins they knocked out. Great stuff. That goalie for you guys... I'm glad he won um fuck I forget what it's called. You know the best player in the playoffs or whatever lol. I really wanted you guys to win. Those two series... some of the best hockey I have seen in my life.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:

Ryder's contract was less money and was ending at the end of the year
Cole is older, had no motivation (in Montreal), is more paid and has another year left
:problem:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Peace wrote:

Ryder's contract was less money and was ending at the end of the year
Cole is older, had no motivation (in Montreal), is more paid and has another year left
:problem:
Ryder wasn't scoring as much and I think we need somebody who will get out there and grind it out and put their shoulder into people. I guess it's one of those things where you just have to know the team. Dallas has always been about grit over flash in the past.

Though I'm ready for Benn to be Cap. Morrow will prob be gone after this year.
Say Girl

Morrow went to Pittsburgh. Going to take some time getting use to him being gone. Oh well. Hope it works out for him. And when he's ready he can retire as a Star.
Say Girl

It looks like Jarome Iginla is getting traded, healthy scratch tonight vs. Avs. I live in Calgary and it'll be sad to see him go, but we need a change of culture around the Flames so hopefully we get some good young players to put us back on the right track.

Good luck, Iggy! :twothumbsup:

yeah Pittsburgh is going for the cup this year no doubt about it
Iginla with them is almost a scary idea

BTW epic comeback from the Habs against Boston yesterday :twothumbsup:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:yeah Pittsburgh is going for the cup this year no doubt about it
Iginla with them is almost a scary idea

BTW epic comeback from the Habs against Boston yesterday :twothumbsup:
I wouldn't be all that upset to see Pittsburgh win. Just for Morrow :lol: .

Anyway yeah that was a good game between those two last night. I fell asleep when the score was tied 2-2. Glad Boston lost! :twothumbsup:
Say Girl