The Political Compass Test

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

i thought the feminism test was pretty interesting, and i took this one a few months ago

it's decently accurate, however some of the questions don't make 100% sense

my results:
Economic Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59

in the current political climate, i think this may be a better way to discuss views than talk about Trump :P

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

Pretty accurate for me yes. Although I think I'm a bit more authoritarian than this. Not by much but I think if other questions were asked I may have given some answers that would have bumped a bit the Authoritarian rating.

Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.15

Yep, that's me.£

Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Seems about right to me.

Sounds about right.

Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5

ugh....maybe? i didn't put much thought into some answers so

Dodd wrote:Image

Sounds about right.
You always admire the worst people. The guy who wrote:
The 1920s were the last decade in American history during which one could be genuinely optimistic about politics. Since 1920, the vast increase in welfare beneficiaries and the extension of the franchise to women — two constituencies that are notoriously tough for libertarians — have rendered the notion of “capitalist democracy” into an oxymoron.
He later does a little pseudo back peddle when he says:
It would be absurd to suggest that women’s votes will be taken away or that this would solve the political problems that vex us. While I don’t think any class of people should be disenfranchised, I have little hope that voting will make things better.
https://www.cato-unbound.org/2009/04/13 ... ibertarian

His little addendum is nothing more than willful lying since doing away with democracy gives all of the power to business owners i.e. disenfranchising everyone else. Thats the standard practice of all politicians, just constantly make absurd assertions that people end up believing because they've heard it so many times, which is ironic because I thought libertarianism was all about getting rid of politicians/the state.

Although I do agree with Thiel in that capitalism and democracy are inherently incompatible since political representatives will always serve their wealthy donors because thats how you advance politically career-wise, and then you get their cash in hand through speaking fees and lobbying "jobs" after you retire like Obama has been doing recently, which are really just forms of money laundering for straight up bribery. Before you try to mention Trump beating Clinton when she had twice as much financial support remember that political donations largely go to political advertisements/TV air time which Trump got the most of for free because the media kept using him for ratings like the shameless leeches they are. Also, theres something inherently totalitarian about "do as I say and don't ask for benefits or go starve out in the streets" i.e. employment but supposedly thats what right libertarians will have you believe that "freedom" is all about. Thiel isn't the only high profile libertarian who has given himself away, heres their greatest champion enthusiastically associating slavery and feudal societies with "free" enterprise: https://youtu.be/rQLBitV69Cc?t=193.

State capitalism will always exist in capitalist societies because businesses know they need their parasitic power in the form of siphoning research that wasn't theirs for their own R&D (basically all of their output), subsidies/bailouts (2008 crash), and protectionism (the Reagan tariffs, the administration that has spread all of this lying about "freedom" and capitalism).

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.74

Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31