Christopher Nolan For Making A Bond Movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
If he really is going to do it, would we see it sooner than later? 2025?

Take this with a huge grain of salt: https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/9 ... ho116hkkp0
A source of mine told me on Tuesday evening that Christopher Nolan is in very serious contention to direct the next James Bond instalment.

Bond producer Barbara Broccoli is zeroing in on Nolan. I was told there were discussions with the filmmaker to helm the film, but no deal has been struck just yet, and the strike, not to mention Nolan promoting “Oppenheimer,” further delayed talks.

The main issue right now seems to be the amount of creative freedom Nolan wants for the film. Broccoli’s backups, currently, seem to be Danny Boyle, Denis Villeneuve, and Paul Greengrass. There were also rumors of Matthew Vaughn being in contention, but my source tells me he hasn’t heard his name mentioned at all.

Broccoli rarely gives carte blanche to her filmmakers, there’s usually a blueprint in how to make a Bond film, but Nolan wants to take over the entire process, which is understandable because, you know, he’s Christopher Nolan.

The deal being negotiated would be for two Bond films directed by Nolan, who would also be writing the script. Still no word yet on who the actor playing Bond would be, but some encouraging signs are pointing towards Aaron Taylor-Johnson taking over the role.

Dragon_316ca wrote:
September 7th, 2023, 5:38 pm
Take this with a huge grain of salt: https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/9 ... ho116hkkp0
A source of mine told me on Tuesday evening that Christopher Nolan is in very serious contention to direct the next James Bond instalment.

Bond producer Barbara Broccoli is zeroing in on Nolan. I was told there were discussions with the filmmaker to helm the film, but no deal has been struck just yet, and the strike, not to mention Nolan promoting “Oppenheimer,” further delayed talks.

The main issue right now seems to be the amount of creative freedom Nolan wants for the film. Broccoli’s backups, currently, seem to be Danny Boyle, Denis Villeneuve, and Paul Greengrass. There were also rumors of Matthew Vaughn being in contention, but my source tells me he hasn’t heard his name mentioned at all.

Broccoli rarely gives carte blanche to her filmmakers, there’s usually a blueprint in how to make a Bond film, but Nolan wants to take over the entire process, which is understandable because, you know, he’s Christopher Nolan.

The deal being negotiated would be for two Bond films directed by Nolan, who would also be writing the script. Still no word yet on who the actor playing Bond would be, but some encouraging signs are pointing towards Aaron Taylor-Johnson taking over the role.
If he were going to do it, which I extremely doubt it, then I would watch it but seriously hoping he never directs a Bond film. It’s all I gotta say on the matter.

Now we need Nolan to cast Jacob Elordi as the new James Bond

I am praying he stays away from another franchise, let alone a franchise with this many restrictions/setbacks.

Bacon wrote:
September 10th, 2023, 3:39 pm
I am praying he stays away from another franchise, let alone a franchise with this many restrictions/setbacks.
Amen.

Bacon wrote:
September 10th, 2023, 3:39 pm
Agreed. I feel like it would have the highest risk of misfire or split consensus with fans & critics. If this were 2004 and he had the chance as opposed to having Batman run yes he should have definitely done it. But it’s more or less the last type of thing I’d want to see him try.

Would've thought people will be going crazy over a potential Nolan Bond film (let alone 2-3!), but I guess I was wrong. However, I don't think Chris would compromise regarding having near total control of the film. Hopefully it all goes through. :gonf: :gonf:

I am also on team “no franchise” - I mean I’ll love whatever he does of course, but if I were a betting woman, I’d place money on it being more likely we get an original. I honestly am just always rooting for the Hughes film. I know right after Oppie it’s unlikely, but that’s the one.