TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Good to be back :gonf:
Last edited by TENET on December 20th, 2019, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So I saw a comment of some user on Reddit that said: “Time Runs Out” So, this is just “Quantum Break”?

I checked that game’s story and it seems interesting but I would like to know if anyone here has played it and If so, what do you think about that person’s comment when compared to the trailer and prologue. Or if no one has played it then what do you all think about the comparison.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 11:33 pm
So I saw a comment of some user on Reddit that said: “Time Runs Out” So, this is just “Quantum Break”?

I checked that game’s story and it seems interesting but I would like to know if anyone here has played it and If so, what do you think about that person’s comment when compared to the trailer and prologue. Or if no one has played it then what do you all think about the comparison.
Yeah I played it. Not really..

Maximillian wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 11:45 pm

Yeah I played it. Not really..
It seems that they also took some inspiration from inception and interstellar for that game from what I’ve read which is cool.

My 2nd first post :(

I had an account back before Interstellar and used it through the Dunkirk release, but I couldn't manage to reset my password. After the prologue I have one major takeaway:

JAMES BOND

Nolan has revealed his love for the Bond franchise and there was speculation he might jump into it at some point, but this feels like a big statement. It seems to be his spin on a Bond movie. From the twang of the suave and intense score by Ludwig Göransson, to the heist/espionage aspects, to the international scenery, everything about it says Bond (except the sci-fi concept :lol: ). Nolan looks like he's doing his version of a Bond movie without being hindered by the traditional story and character beats of that franchise.

As an additional note, all of these Bond vibes feel extra ironic in the sense that John David Washington seems to be the lead in the movie. There was so much speculation and pressure on hiring a black Bond (particularly Idris Elba), yet Nolan is jumping right to it. Seeing John David Washington lead a summer tentpole is magnificent.
(spoiler tag just for extra precaution; no plot points here)

Good to be back :gonf:

I just remembered about this post/rumour back from March saying the movie would be about time travel :think:
Nolanisgod123 wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 9:54 pm
Ok guys, take this with a grain of salt. Found this on 4chan /tv/ board.

It is a sci-fi action-thriller about time travel, with two intersecting storylines, one set in the near future and one in the 1950’s. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are playing scientists who travel from the future to the past and get caught up in a conspiracy involving a femme fatale played by Elizabeth Debicki. Washington is the main, while Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

The mechanics of time travel are unique, with the leads existing simultaneously in both time periods, and having limits to how far they can go and what they can do in the past. Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline, while Lucy Boynton is in early talks for a pivotal role in the past timeline. James McAvoy is being eyed for a very important role in the past timeline as well.

The title isn’t locked in yet, but it is being referred by studio heads as “Tempus Fugit”.

Here's the link for those who are skeptical: http://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/112207886

Granted, it could be April fools...

MMFR wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 12:37 am
I just remembered about this post/rumour back from March saying the movie would be about time travel :think:
Nolanisgod123 wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 9:54 pm
Ok guys, take this with a grain of salt. Found this on 4chan /tv/ board.

It is a sci-fi action-thriller about time travel, with two intersecting storylines, one set in the near future and one in the 1950’s. John David Washington and Robert Pattinson are playing scientists who travel from the future to the past and get caught up in a conspiracy involving a femme fatale played by Elizabeth Debicki. Washington is the main, while Pattinson takes on a more antagonistic role.

The mechanics of time travel are unique, with the leads existing simultaneously in both time periods, and having limits to how far they can go and what they can do in the past. Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline, while Lucy Boynton is in early talks for a pivotal role in the past timeline. James McAvoy is being eyed for a very important role in the past timeline as well.

The title isn’t locked in yet, but it is being referred by studio heads as “Tempus Fugit”.

Here's the link for those who are skeptical: http://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/112207886

Granted, it could be April fools...
What do you think about it now?

I see no theories here yet, it's going to be hard

Now waiting for july

Two future Kings. :clap:Image