TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nice to see the forums are back up. Looks like I missed the debate on the weekend. I may as well re-share this.

https://streamable.com/cqnxs

Filmed this during the Nolan screenings at the Cinesphere last month. If it can be helped, this is a man who intends for this movie to be seen in IMAX.

If Tenet comes out in July it'll be a miracle. I can only speak from a Canadian perspective, but things probably won't really be back to normal for a long while here. We just had about a million people apply for unemployment benefits in the span of a week.

Furthermore, what's happening and is about to the happen in the States vis a vis their gong show healthcare system, is going to be an absolute tragedy. To any Americans on here: please treat this situation seriously.

shadmag wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 10:29 pm
Nice to see the forums are back up. Looks like I missed the debate on the weekend. I may as well re-share this.

https://streamable.com/cqnxs

Filmed this during the Nolan screenings at the Cinesphere last month. If it can be helped, this is a man who intends for this movie to be seen in IMAX.

If Tenet comes out in July it'll be a miracle. I can only speak from a Canadian perspective, but things probably won't really be back to normal for a long while here. We just had about a million people apply for unemployment benefits in the span of a week.

Furthermore, what's happening and is about to the happen in the States vis a vis their gong show healthcare system, is going to be an absolute tragedy. To any Americans on here: please treat this situation seriously.
When is this taken?

As days go by, the reality starts to sink in that Tenet might very well be postponed... and I agree that it would take a miracle for the pandemic to recede in upcoming weeks - sadly, we can see that it is actually accelerating in Europe and in the US. What I hope is that they'll still release it in theatres - I can't imagine Nolan agreeing on putting it out on VOD services, or releasing it early on Blu-ray and stuff like that... and I also hope that they will still release it in theatres this year.

If people follow orders and stay at home this might get under control by then, but we’re talking about billions of people here. All we can do is wait and see.

A VOD release is certainly out of question. Moving the release to another date is expected if things are still as bad in June/July.

Yeah I think the scenario of Tenet moving to December and Dune moving to Spring/Summer 2021 is the most logical outcome... if they decide to move the films.

But it's three and a half months from now, so I wouldn't move the release date just yet tbh

if they hold, when should we expect marketing to hit? trailer would usually be in early may, but circumstances here change things. Do they shift their budget to a more online strategy until maybe June when public spaces/events have hopefully re-opened

Sky007 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:52 pm
if they hold, when should we expect marketing to hit? trailer would usually be in early may, but circumstances here change things. Do they shift their budget to a more online strategy until maybe June when public spaces/events have hopefully re-opened
Next month - like clockwork for Nolan. Trailer 3 I'd have expected definitely in April, either early for Bond or late for Black Widow.

I, however, don't think they'll shift to more online - the presence so far has been so so so minimal for a film like that...they'll put more TV dollars into it I think. Between cinemas closed and people encouraged to stay at home, TV at this point is best place maybe

antovolk wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:25 pm
I'm glad they are holding as long as possible. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks.