TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nolan w/the homies wrote:
April 25th, 2019, 3:38 pm
I am amped for this film. So glad it's not a Superhero, Bond, or any other current franchise. New concepts are so refreshing in Hollywood's current love affair of remakes and Marvel. And I hope this movie is closer to 4 hours long. I know longer lengths are frowned upon for cinemas, but Nolan's cinematography skills are able to keep me interested for all 4 hours. Interstellar felt very short for me when I saw it at the theater, and thats over 3 hours long.
Interstellar is 2hr 49min. But agreed about it feeling shorter. And also, welcome to the forums, aka the seventh circle of hell until we get more news.

In case anyone doubted it, earnings call just now confirmed the film will be shooting on IMAX 70mm cameras.

antovolk wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 9:28 am
In case anyone doubted it, earnings call just now confirmed the film will be shooting on IMAX 70mm cameras.
Where did you have the information ?

antovolk wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 9:32 am
Nolan62 wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 9:32 am
antovolk wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 9:28 am
Where did you have the information ?
Live webcast on http://www.imax.com/content/investor-relations
Do you think they will reveal some first details about the project ?

No...

Still cool to have it confirmed, if there ever was any doubt. Would be quite something if he'll only use IMAX but he'll probably go with regular 65mm again for dialogue scenes.

Why can't they seal off the IMAX camera hermetically like they do with shooting underwater? I'd figure it'd make the a lot quieter already... Even though it'll be even more cumbersome.

April 25th, 2019, 3:38 pm
I am amped for this film. So glad it's not a Superhero, Bond, or any other current franchise. New concepts are so refreshing in Hollywood's current love affair of remakes and Marvel. And I hope this movie is closer to 4 hours long. I know longer lengths are frowned upon for cinemas, but Nolan's cinematography skills are able to keep me interested for all 4 hours. Interstellar felt very short for me when I saw it at the theater, and thats over 3 hours long.
Keep in mind that IMAX has a cap to how long the runtime can be because of its physical platter size combined with the film reel itself.

As I've said before, unless there is plan for this shot script to have a sequel, an intermission, or being exclusively converted to digital... Nolan is going to have to keep it at that coveted 167-minute mark or less (Nolan cheated on the end credits of Interstellar a little bit to stretch it a couple more minutes).

Movies have already distanced away from beginning credits, just remove the ending credits all together and put them on a PDF file on the disc, that'll gain him an extra 4 minutes.

April 26th, 2019, 11:25 pm
Movies have already distanced away from beginning credits, just remove the ending credits all together and put them on a PDF file on the disc, that'll gain him an extra 4 minutes.
Lmao.

In all seriousness though, I think the MPAA requires you by law to have some type of credits at the end or beginning. Unless I'm wrong.

This is actually a topic I've slways been curious about, lol.