Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
yeah. Teddy just watched Good Time and didn't love it, but I think it's brilliant. Its sort of a neo realism meets contemporary noir, elevated as sensory overload via pulsing score and kinetic visuals. Pattinson is amazing in it.

it made my top 10 2017

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 12:03 pm
yeah. Teddy just watched Good Time and didn't love it, but I think it's brilliant. Its sort of a neo realism meets contemporary noir, elevated as sensory overload via pulsing score and kinetic visuals. Pattinson is amazing in it.

it made my top 10 2017

-Vader
how much earl grey or binny's craft beer had you consumed before writing that sentence?
i googled craft beer chicago for that joke

nah i had some 312s followed by a shot of Malört

im serious though. it's a very socially conscious heist-noir and very neat.

-Vader

William Blake wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 9:32 am
Just watched Good Time last night. Was totally blown away. Shot on film too. I bet you Nolan saw it and got inspired to work with him.
I'm so glad you were able to see this. I hope others do as well based on a few of our recommendations in here. Had nothing else to say but that, because NFF doesn't have a "like" button lol.

And I'm not saying people have to love the film or anything (though it cracked my 2017 Top 5), but you can tell somebody that that is Edward from Twilight and you just can't see it. Pattinson completely transforms and is an unbelievable protagonist. I dug the score as well. Vader is on point with his assessment, and in the hands of a different director/composer/budget it would have been described completely differently IMO.

Vader182 wrote:

it made my top 10 2017

-Vader
The score is amazing and the pace is relentless. I’d even say Pattinson should have won best actor at cannes instead of Joaquin.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:19 pm
William Blake wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 9:32 am
Just watched Good Time last night. Was totally blown away. Shot on film too. I bet you Nolan saw it and got inspired to work with him.
I'm so glad you were able to see this. I hope others do as well based on a few of our recommendations in here. Had nothing else to say but that, because NFF doesn't have a "like" button lol.

And I'm not saying people have to love the film or anything (though it cracked my 2017 Top 5), but you can tell somebody that that is Edward from Twilight and you just can't see it. Pattinson completely transforms and is an unbelievable protagonist. I dug the score as well. Vader is on point with his assessment, and in the hands of a different director/composer/budget it would have been described completely differently IMO.
RP is a talented actor. He’s capable. Twilight was a job for him and a way to break into the industry. Just cause Christian Bale made Newsies didn’t keep him making musicals for instance. And yeah Good Time is something else. I can’t wait to watch it again. It feels like a great hang out movie. Safdie’s opening scene with his therapist was incredible. The whole thing was such a ride. I watched with nice studio headphones on and the score was incredible, all liquid and operatic.
The “fall” at the end was one of the most realistic I’ve ever seen in a movie.
It was like being there.
Last edited by William Blake on March 22nd, 2019, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Being urgent in this follow-up post, here.

1) Bale*, not Blake.

2) Maybe place a spoiler tag near the end of your post there, or at least minimalize the context. Otherwise, I agree it's crazy.

3) Yeah, Nolan has had a great job of taking fangirls' dreamy people (Ledger and Styles before) and putting them in a way radically different spotlight. I can only assume he'll continue that for Pattinson.

4) What studio headphones you use? What's powering/driving them?

I use Sennheiser’s HD 280 pros.

Allstar wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:32 pm
Vader182 wrote:

it made my top 10 2017

-Vader
The score is amazing and the pace is relentless. I’d even say Pattinson should have won best actor at cannes instead of Joaquin.
I'm inclined to agree with you. Thrilled to see what Nolan does with him here now that I've seen some of his range.

Planning on watching Damsel tonight, starring Pattinson.
It's a Western and that's currently my favorite film genre, so I'm pretty excited.