Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Pattinson couldn’t explain the story if he tried. “Reading the script, you’re like… ‘huh?’” the actor said towards the end of a recent interview at A24’s Manhattan headquarters. “I feel like he must have invented something new — it’s incredibly dense, but also so meticulously thought out that it’s very easy to read. It’s cool.” He smiled and shook his head: “I don’t really understand how a lot of it works, but I’m very curious to find out!
Anyone read this part, and think: "Uh oh, there might be way too much expositional dialogue." :?:

Hopefully it just means something that people will only take positively, like that all the plots are filled. "Honest Trailer proof," if you will.

Nolan62 wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 1:39 pm
"innovative" "unreal" "he must have invented something new"

I think now that we can take these words a little more seriously.

And don't forget : IMAX
So exciting !

Bacon wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 2:56 pm
"Keep it oblique"

Pattinson is literally saying nothing revealing about the film except that it's massive and a crazy concept (which fits like the only two words we've heard about this film). Dunno how it gets more oblique than that.
It’s a posh way of saying shut the fuck up

ChristNolan wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 3:34 pm
Bacon wrote:
"Keep it oblique"

Pattinson is literally saying nothing revealing about the film except that it's massive and a crazy concept (which fits like the only two words we've heard about this film). Dunno how it gets more oblique than that.
hehe

ChristNolan wrote:
Bacon wrote:
"Keep it oblique"

Yeah, I got that, but I'm saying the dude's hardly saying anything at all.

Okay this film might end being bigger than I thought, or Pattinson is really excited lolz

Bacon wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 4:16 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
Bacon wrote:
"Keep it oblique"

Sure, but what he has said has been out of the control of Nolan, Thomas, etc. He also says a little more each time. It may be "nothing," but they also didn't say any of these things either. If they want to start building up hype for this film, they want to time it right. We're being told like fifteen months away from release, and although we'll stick to it, not everybody will in that time.

Just again, they want to make sure he doesn't keep slipping down that slope, feeding a little more each time. I don't even know how this news came out of what Thomas texted him, because I'm sure she would have wanted that quiet as well... and then he goes on to say: "I don't understand it anyway, there are so many layers" or whatever he said... he just keeps talking!

Soon enough, what we're going to see is this thread get deleted, another cast member be announced, and any Pattinson interviews you hear will not have him talk about the film, because he won't be attached to it anymore lol.

anikom15 wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Okay this film might end being bigger than I thought, or Pattinson is really excited lolz
Well, this isn't exactly a revelation to the rest of us around here. :lol:

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Bacon wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 4:16 pm
ChristNolan wrote:

Sure, but what he has said has been out of the control of Nolan, Thomas, etc. He also says a little more each time. It may be "nothing," but they also didn't say any of these things either. If they want to start building up hype for this film, they want to time it right. We're being told like fifteen months away from release, and although we'll stick to it, not everybody will in that time.

Just again, they want to make sure he doesn't keep slipping down that slope, feeding a little more each time. I don't even know how this news came out of what Thomas texted him, because I'm sure she would have wanted that quiet as well... and then he goes on to say: "I don't understand it anyway, there are so many layers" or whatever he said... he just keeps talking!

Soon enough, what we're going to see is this thread get deleted, another cast member be announced, and any Pattinson interviews you hear will not have him talk about the film, because he won't be attached to it anymore lol.
If they let go of Pattinson because the guy said the movie is big, that'll be ridiculous.

Bacon wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 4:41 pm
If they let go of Pattinson because the guy said the movie is big, that'll be ridiculous.
Of course. But if they let him go because he didn't acknowledge and obey the request of a producer, no matter the pettiness of it, that's understandable.

I was exaggerating the ramifications anyway.

what an amazing conversation you are all having

-Vader