Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Well, thankfully, this finally settles it once and for all: It's a massive film.

Ace wrote:
April 7th, 2019, 6:01 pm
Pattinson says he is about to start Nolan’s movie in a month and that it is a Massive movie.

@50:50

If filming does start next month that is sooner then I was expecting.
I guess we should hear more news this month as it nears the start date.
omg!

Ace
Robert Pattinson had just received a text from Emma Thomas, the producer of the mysterious new Christopher Nolan movie he’s scheduled to shoot later this year. The message read: “Keep it oblique.” Pattinson was on the promotional trail for Claire Denis’ interstellar “High Life,” a characteristically elliptical probe into dark thoughts and black holes, and the subject of Nolan’s unnamed 2020 tentpole had already come up too many times for comfort. There were breathless news stories about how Pattinson thought the script was “unreal,” and that the actor had only been allowed to read it in a room that was locked from the outside. In an entertainment culture fueled by secrecy and spoilers, Thomas was understandably concerned that her star might spill the beans.

She needn’t have worried. Pattinson couldn’t explain the story if he tried. “Reading the script, you’re like… ‘huh?’” the actor said towards the end of a recent interview at A24’s Manhattan headquarters. “I feel like he must have invented something new — it’s incredibly dense, but also so meticulously thought out that it’s very easy to read. It’s cool.” He smiled and shook his head: “I don’t really understand how a lot of it works, but I’m very curious to find out!
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/rober ... ssion=true
Last edited by Ace on April 9th, 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When I watched Inception, part of me wondered if the cast had a true grasp of that film's script and themes haha. I know that they went along with the ride, but I'm still curious if they didn't get an entire inkling of the whole film until they watched it for themselves. Know what I'm saying?

(I didn't feel the same way with Interstellar)

Part of me thinks this movie might be the same for Pattinson. He's still just trying to get hold of what on earth Nolan brought him into. :lol:

Ace wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 12:32 pm
Robert Pattinson had just received a text from Emma Thomas, the producer of the mysterious new Christopher Nolan movie he’s scheduled to shoot later this year. The message read: “Keep it oblique.” Pattinson was on the promotional trail for Claire Denis’ interstellar “High Life,” a characteristically elliptical probe into dark thoughts and black holes, and the subject of Nolan’s unnamed 2020 tentpole had already come up too many times for comfort. There were breathless news stories about how Pattinson thought the script was “unreal,” and that the actor had only been allowed to read it in a room that was locked from the outside. In an entertainment culture fueled by secrecy and spoilers, Thomas was understandably concerned that her star might spill the beans.

She needn’t have worried. Pattinson couldn’t explain the story if he tried. “Reading the script, you’re like… ‘huh?’” the actor said towards the end of a recent interview at A24’s Manhattan headquarters. “I feel like he must have invented something new — it’s incredibly dense, but also so meticulously thought out that it’s very easy to read. It’s cool.” He smiled and shook his head: “I don’t really understand how a lot of it works, but I’m very curious to find out!
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

And we still don't know what that damn thing is.

"incredibly dense" "so meticulously thought" at the same time
I think he has again create some kind of balance between a new experimental concept and something you can feel, like Dunkirk, but with a lot more of craziness.

I get the whole "he's just promoting the film" thing, but I feel like you don't get descriptions like this every day for a movie you don't know shit about. Exciting stuff!

Ace wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 12:32 pm

wow!

UGH! You know what? I don't wanna hear anything about it. I want an announcement which I feel is not gonna be out until they start shooting (hopefully I'm wrong and it's out much, much sooner).

"innovative" "unreal" "he must have invented something new"

I think now that we can take these words a little more seriously.

And don't forget : IMAX

"Keep it oblique"

Pattinson is literally saying nothing revealing about the film except that it's massive and a crazy concept (which fits like the only two words we've heard about this film). Dunno how it gets more oblique than that.