Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
This bit is interesting though:
Some potential suitors, a group that included Sony, MGM, Paramount, and, despite the falling out, Warner Bros., worried that the film’s subject matter was less than commercial, which made them concerned about the steep price tag.

Sites usually get special and visual effects mixed up sooo it might be that they meant special? which means practical lol

Insomniac wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 4:08 pm
This bit is interesting though:
Some potential suitors, a group that included Sony, MGM, Paramount, and, despite the falling out, Warner Bros., worried that the film’s subject matter was less than commercial, which made them concerned about the steep price tag.
Nolan allows himself to take more and more risks with each of his projects, I wouldn't be surprised.
Plus the subject, wich is a very serious subject, in fact.
Last edited by Nolan62 on September 14th, 2021, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Updates thread is now sticky

Over a year of post-production for a Nolan film is wild to me, this is throwing me off a bit.

Hence the extensive VFX lololol

Forum Pro
I wonder if Nolan and Universal talked about Bond. It had to come up in these discussions. Yes I know that Universal has no creative input with Bond, that of course goes to EON but it had to come up.

I think he's going to make a Bond movie at some point. After Craig might be the best situation for him creatively. Didn't he once said he wanted to do it if he could reinvent it. Making a Bond movie while someone has already been cast is not something he'd do imo. I think he'd definitely want a hand in that. Not to forget that if any of his new original blockbusters bomb, he'd move to something like Bond.

HYPE

Forum Pro
Nomis wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 4:28 pm
Not to forget that if any of his new original blockbusters bomb, he'd move to something like Bond.
That's why I brought it up, I think that's something that he's now holding in his back pocket in case this movie fails commercial.

I can see his agents telling the execs at Universal that exactly. Like, "Hey if this under performers, we'd do Bond for you