Teaser Trailer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
The teaser sounds intriguing… :gonf:

Tarssauce wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:33 am
I'm weak. I listened to it. Exactly what I imagined. Dark and ominous. This is Nolan's second horror film following Dunkirk.
Score impressions?

321Music wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:35 am
Tarssauce wrote:
I'm weak. I listened to it. Exactly what I imagined. Dark and ominous. This is Nolan's second horror film following Dunkirk.
Score impressions?
It's ambient, like a very tense horror score, tbh. It's more like an effect here - which I loved, by the way!

321Music wrote:
Tarssauce wrote:
Score impressions?
It starts with a drone-y string like instrument (almost like the one from "The Protagonist" in Tenet). Then it's joined with more drone-y strings (cello probably) and it starts descending in tone. With a percussive hit accelerating as the drones get more intense.
It's certainly more abstract than Tenet. Closer to Dunkirk if anything as in there's no clear tune or theme - just atmosphere.

Oku
Lhardy24 wrote:
July 20th, 2022, 2:55 pm
Been a projectionist for years. Usually Nolan’s trailers are encrypted and we don’t get keys until the day of. There is no trailer for Oppenheimer attached to play with NOPE.

HOWEVER, I got word from my film booker that Universal has placed a trailer that is stitched “into” the film itself and will play directly before the feature. They aren’t giving any other information. Usually, director intros are a separate DCP file that we have to attach and place ourselves so I don’t believe this an intro of sort. Universal said “trailer”.

Seems right up Nolan’s alley to do something like this. This is the only way for something not to leak prior.
Thank you, person with 1 post who dropped by to give us the exclusive and then dipped :lol:

This is where it all started, folks!

It will be online during the day for sure. I don't think they will keep it only for theaters this time around. SHIT that audio was ... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone can transcript the dialogue in that audio?

This sounds so Nolan. I can't wait to see the visuals! :gonf:

i need some bootleg footage

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 21st, 2022, 7:38 am
321Music wrote:
Tarssauce wrote:
Score impressions?
It's ambient, like a very tense horror score, tbh. It's more like an effect here - which I loved, by the way!
I think this is the case, but are we looking at something completely new and unprecedented from Ludwig/Nolan, while recognizing the composer's artistic touch and a musical atmosphere that illustrates a continuity and progression in the filmmaker's filmography?