Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Cameron is not a seat filler, its the Avatar name, its why Cameron wont bother ever directing anything that is not Avatar for the rest of his life.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 27th, 2022, 9:04 pm
Cameron is not a seat filler, its the Avatar name, its why Cameron wont bother ever directing anything that is not Avatar for the rest of his life.
The last two films James Cameron has made have gone on to become the highest grossing films of all time (and Avatar wasn't a "name" when it came out in 2009). I'd say he's a seat filler.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
That's why Titanic and Terminator are well known as big fox-office failures.

Demoph wrote:
December 28th, 2022, 7:25 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Ah come on, those where the friggin 90`s, the industry has changed so much,plus all those terminator sequels Cameron produced are reall box offices destroyers right ?
its also probably why James has avatar 6 and 7 planned out already.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 28th, 2022, 4:59 pm
Demoph wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Ah come on, those where the friggin 90`s, the industry has changed so much,plus all those terminator sequels Cameron produced are reall box offices destroyers right ?
Do you think Nolan can direct two original movies that gross two billion dollars each?

The Way of Water is now expected to gross $2.2 billion.

There is something about James that makes us doubt him time and again and something about his movies that makes them overperform again and again. Exact opposite of Chris Nolan hype.

this guy

Any ballpark ideas on when presale starts for Oppenheimer? I’m ready.

KEM
William Blake wrote:
December 30th, 2022, 12:46 pm
Any ballpark ideas on when presale starts for Oppenheimer? I’m ready.
If I remember correctly the tickets for TENET only went on sale a few days to a week before release, and I was the first person to buy them for my IMAX theater

Forum Pro
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 28th, 2022, 4:59 pm
Demoph wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Cameron didn’t produce those Terminator sequels. The only sequel he’s actively involved with his Dark Fate.