Trailer #2

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
DylanHoang wrote:
May 4th, 2023, 9:57 pm
Uploading my recording of the trailer in a true IMAX theatre right now. Unfortunately the entire trailer was cropped and none of it was in 1.43:1. DM me for a link.

BEAUTIFUL trailer, Ludwig is killing it
PM’d you mate.

watching the trailers as a bootleg first is a dear tradition for me, off course its also great seeing it in good quality and then binging some reactions, this is a superb trailer.

Fuck me - the final trailers for a Nolan film always deliver. Looking forward to being surprised and completely immersed in 15/70 IMAX.
Last edited by Philly-LaFleur on July 18th, 2023, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unfortunately I don't think I can PM, but I had the foresight to record it myself, even if it's blurry and keeps autofocusing, haha. Holy cow, it's immensely impressive and I'm more excited than ever for it. A couple of my more specific (and nitpicky) thoughts below:
- Chicago Pile 1! Who cares that it's missing the surrounding wood or that it has too many layers or that Oppie's seeing it for some reason; this is the first time it's being shown on the big screen in 76 years, and the first time it's being shown on the big screen even somewhat accurately, and I am absolutely loving it (perhaps that's what the scene of Oppie walking across a sports field is for, since the reactor was under Stagg Field).
- I hope the emphasis on "the race against the Nazis" is going to be subverted by the 1945 plot twist that the Nazis had given up on the bomb program three years earlier, since that makes the decisions made by the scientists more interesting. Likewise with the emphasis on "World War 2 could be over" if they use the bomb, which of course the bomb wasn't necessary for.
- The dialogue between Oppie and Groves over whether the Germans have a 12 or an 18 month head start seems like pretty generic dialogue to set up the element of the race and to set up Oppie's intelligence; by the time they first met, they would have thought the Germans had at least a three year head start.
- All the scenes showing all the specifics in the step-by-step process leading to the Trinity test, fashioning the explosive lenses, inserting the tamper, and all that, are absolutely beautiful (even if Klaus Fuchs shouldn't be there), and I'd be so delighted if Nolan can give the audience a good basic understanding of how the gadget worked.
- Oh man, the dialogue between Oppie and Teller is beautifully effective at conveying their respective hopes and fears; likewise with the dialogue between Oppie and Bohr.
- These trailers have been really good at nearly completely hiding anything from after the war. Like there's one still from a 1949 session before the JCAE, and maybe a scene from Strauss' 1959 downfall, but there's been absolutely no stills or scenes from Oppenheimer's 1954 security hearings, which is really interesting and somewhat nerve-wracking.

Forum Pro
To those who have seen the trailer, something that I'm confused by is
the first shot of Einstein. What is going on with his hat...? Is it just the breeze?

i believe this isnt the final trailer... right? like correct me if i am wrong.
For Interstellar we got 3 trailers (excluding the teaser and IMAX trailer)
for Dunkirk we got 2 trailers only (excluding the teaser and prologue)
for Tenet we got 3 trailers (excluding the teaser and prologue)

so we are due one more trailer for Oppenheimer right guys?

DylanHoang wrote:
May 5th, 2023, 12:16 am
the first shot of Einstein. What is going on with his hat...? Is it just the breeze?
Yeah, that's what it looks like,
with Einstein reaching up to hold it in place but too late.

DylanHoang wrote:
May 4th, 2023, 11:16 pm
I think I've responded to everyone who requested it! Enjoy the glorious 3mins
Can’t seem to PM you, may you message me the the trailer please?

DylanHoang wrote:
May 4th, 2023, 9:57 pm
Uploading my recording of the trailer in a true IMAX theatre right now. Unfortunately the entire trailer was cropped and none of it was in 1.43:1. DM me for a link.

BEAUTIFUL trailer, Ludwig is killing it
can you send the link mate :clap:

DylanHoang wrote:
May 5th, 2023, 12:16 am
it probably is just the breeze, as Oku said earlier its probably to reveal that "its Einstein guys !"