Oppenheimer - Early Reactions

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Retskrad wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 10:57 am
The review embargo in on Wednesday but when will the social media embargo lift? I see that a lot of social media personalities and critics haven’t posted their reactions yet.
Press screenings for Chicago and major US cities happen tonight. Expect some then.

Delete
Last edited by Retskrad on July 18th, 2023, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dunkirkk wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:11 am
Retskrad wrote:
The review embargo in on Wednesday but when will the social media embargo lift? I see that a lot of social media personalities and critics haven’t posted their reactions yet.
Press screenings for Chicago and major US cities happen tonight. Expect some then.
Okay, that makes sense.

Retskrad wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:12 am
EOLB wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 10:59 am
Retskrad wrote:
It lifted exactly a week ago.
Seems like Nolan’s team and Universal only give out screeners to a short list of US critics
There’s literally been premieres and many critics have gone

Not every critic tweets out their thoughts about a movie immediately after.

MaxContract wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:13 am
Retskrad wrote:
EOLB wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 10:59 am

It lifted exactly a week ago.
Seems like Nolan’s team and Universal only give out screeners to a short list of US critics

Sure but the vast majority of the US critics who have seen the film don’t have a large following. They are so under the radar that you can barely search for their reactions on Twitter.

Retskrad wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:15 am
MaxContract wrote:
Retskrad wrote:

Sure but the vast majority of the US critics who have seen the film don’t have a large following. They are so under the radar that you can barely search for their reactions on Twitter.
Well many of the bigger name critics from Bilge Ebiri to Robbie Collins to David Ehrlich have tweeted about the film. David Sims, who is a big Nolan fan typically, has seen the film and not said anything though. That’s just how it’ll be. I wouldn’t expect a number of the Chicago critics from Brian Tallerico to Michael Phillips to say anything tonight either because they typically keep silent until the review embargo lifts

MaxContract wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:19 am
Retskrad wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:15 am
MaxContract wrote:

Well many of the bigger name critics from Bilge Ebiri to Robbie Collins to David Ehrlich have tweeted about the film. David Sims, who is a big Nolan fan typically, has seen the film and not said anything though. That’s just how it’ll be. I wouldn’t expect a number of the Chicago critics from Brian Tallerico to Michael Phillips to say anything tonight either because they typically keep silent until the review embargo lifts
Fair enough

Matt Damon and Emily Blunt were raving about Jason Clarke's performance in that Entertainment Weekly discussion panel posted yesterday.

Oku
From now on, I will be blocking users who reply to the troll and give him visibility. I recommend that others do the same.

Anyone who decides to ignore the repeated pleas from the sensible users to stop feeding the troll and continues to willingly engage with him is no better than the troll himself.

Birds of a feather flock together and all that.

I got invited to a 70 mm screening tonight at 7pm. If anyone cares about my reaction, I can post it on here and answer any questions you may have.