Oppenheimer - Early Reactions

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Glad you enjoyed it, Natalie! :gonf:

natalie wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 2:23 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 2:18 pm
natalie wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 2:09 pm

Kenneth Branagh and Jack Quaid have really small parts. Josh is amazing.
Between the script and the performances, are there any clearly outright villainous roles in the film, or is every role that of a complicated figure dealing with difficult issues?
Oh, for me there are several 'villains' :lol:
Fair enough! I know you're not supposed to think of historical figures as villains, but there are definitely some I want to see in the role of villains, so I'm glad it seems I'll get my wish! :D

natalie wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 12:49 pm
WOW! I've yet to process it, but I think this is Nolan's most experimental film to date.
How much experimental is on its plot structure/editing compared to Memento and is it easy to follow? Can you share your favourite Nolan's movies top list, please!

ANONIMNIQ wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:24 pm
natalie wrote:
WOW! I've yet to process it, but I think this is Nolan's most experimental film to date.
How much experimental is on its plot structure/editing compared to Memento and is it easy to follow? Can you share your favourite Nolan's movies top list, please!
It is difficult to explain. It is experimental from the narrative, the visuals, the sound and these three interconnected things. I never had a problem following Nolan's plots, really.
My top 5:
1. Memento
2. The Prestige
3. Interstellar/Dunkirk
4. TDK

On Letterboxd, Griffin Newman (works with David Sims) logged Oppenheimer and gave it a like and Glenn Kenny has seen it

natalie wrote:
How exciting

natalie wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:30 pm
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:24 pm
natalie wrote:
It is difficult to explain. It is experimental from the narrative, the visuals, the sound and these three interconnected things. I never had a problem following Nolan's plots, really.
My top 5:
1. Memento
2. The Prestige
3. Interstellar/Dunkirk
4. TDK
Does it get a chance of getting in here?

natalie, how were you able to see it early? I haven't heard much on any screenings beyond press screenings.

KingOfTheNorth wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 11:32 am
I got invited to a 70 mm screening tonight at 7pm. If anyone cares about my reaction, I can post it on here and answer any questions you may have.
First tell us how you got invited to an early screening, and how the rest of us can all get in on this action