TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nolan w/the homies wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 11:25 pm
Movies have already distanced away from beginning credits, just remove the ending credits all together and put them on a PDF file on the disc, that'll gain him an extra 4 minutes.
nice

Angus wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 9:16 am
In all seriousness though, I think the MPAA requires you by law to have some type of credits at the end or beginning. Unless I'm wrong.

This is actually a topic I've slways been curious about, lol.
Actually, I have a cool little fact to provide for you about opening credits. I expect that people not only don't know this bit, but also that you might not have paid attention to the fact either.

I learned about five years ago watching the Sinister commentary track, and when watching Get Out it reminded me of it. Try and notice this the next time you see a film... you know when they show film production company logos at the beginning of the film? Ones that include people's names in them cannot show their names if the director's name isn't billed in the opening credits of the film.

For example, Blumhose Productions are the production company for Sinister and Get Out. In Sinister, because director Scott Derrickson's name does not appear in any opening credits (actually, there aren't any opening credits at all), it shows up in the logo intro as "BH Productions." See video below:

However, in Get Out you do see it say "Blumhouse Productions" in the logo intro...

... which only meant one thing as I was watching the film: in the opening credits, I fully expected them to show Jordan Peele's name. Low and behold, they did twice. Early on it said "A Jordan Peele film" or something like that, then at the end of the opening credits it said: "Directed by Jordan Peele."

Just a nice little bit of information for ya'll. I don't know all of the particulars behind this (for example, I think distribution companies can still keep their names), but that's what Derrickson said in the Sinister commentary, so I'll just go with it.

What I want to know is how much they have to pay for a film to not play the actual sound/music during the beginning of the film. Say, instead of the Universal logo sound that we all know, for the Bourne movies they do that film's main score in place of it. Or heck, thinking about it Nolan changes them as well.

Avengers Endgame Spoilers

With the X-Men franchise doing time travel to death and now Avengers Endgame doing it yet again, why is Nolan doing it??????? Is he so unoriginal that he has to bore us with yet another time travel hollywood blockbuster?????? Clearly he could have done something else. Also, all this secrecy is laughable. It's a movie. And the last few movies Nolan has done have been awful.
Last edited by Master Virgo on April 28th, 2019, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler

I don't get why some of you post here?? It's a website call "Nolan Fans" there are plenty of other sites on the web dedicate to general film/TV discussions...

Amen brother.

And another ban for Endgame spoilers.£

lynchfan wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 1:14 pm
Avengers Endgame Spoilers

With the X-Men franchise doing time travel to death and now Avengers Endgame doing it yet again, why is Nolan doing it??????? Is he so unoriginal that he has to bore us with yet another time travel hollywood blockbuster?????? Clearly he could have done something else. Also, all this secrecy is laughable. It's a movie. And the last few movies Nolan has done have been awful.
Didn’t you also bitch when good actors got casted to act.

Nomis wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 9:44 am
Still cool to have it confirmed, if there ever was any doubt. Would be quite something if he'll only use IMAX but he'll probably go with regular 65mm again for dialogue scenes.

Why can't they seal off the IMAX camera hermetically like they do with shooting underwater? I'd figure it'd make the a lot quieter already... Even though it'll be even more cumbersome.
probably because it would be too heavy to handheld afterwards, the panavision 65mm camera is sound proof, but its way heavier than the IMAX one.

This movie is a hoax.

Insomniac wrote:
April 28th, 2019, 3:20 pm
This movie is a hoax.
Maybe "Hoax" is the title...