Trailer #2

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Finally!!!! I can rest now.

Cut short just as it got intense.

This is what we where talking about, omg i cant wait to get the full version !

I'm not watching that before we have the clean version!

Im sorry i know we are comparing a trailer 2 to a 1st, but this made me instantly forget about Dune`s, the tone, the soundtrack, the weight of it all and that tone shift at the end are brutal, if people where a bit unconvinced by the tone of the first trailer, this is it.

Ace wrote:
May 4th, 2023, 7:26 pm
Couple of interesting things I noticed:
So that's Kenneth Branagh who said "You gave them the power to destroy themselves" in the teaser. Would not have called that one.

Also, :07s is the depiction of the first nuclear reactor, I believe.

Blunt and Pugh look outstanding.

Oku
Some observations.

1. The repeated use of the word 'Nazis' at the start is such a stark contrast to Dunkirk's intentional avoidance of the term.

2. They are really playing up the feel-good, rah-rah "America-F-yeah!" angle at the end there. And it's easy to see why: they are going for that American Sniper, Top Gun: Maverick money. It could be marketing genius, or it could backfire massively given the depressing frame story of the hearings that came after.

3. This isn't 100% given that it cuts off before the end, but the complete absence of Mr. Nolan's name is surprising. Is this the first actual, full-length trailer without a "FROM CHRISTOPHER NOLAN"?

4. "World War 2 would be over." That sounded way too on-the-nose, and gave me flashbacks to the much-derided Pearl Harbor line, "Did World War 2 just start?!". I feel like "The war would be over." would have been better, but who knows if it's played-up just for the trailer.

5. Some questionable editing like that slideshow at the end, which feels really hamfisted, like Universal going, "We got RDJ in here!! We got RDJ in here!"

Oku wrote:
May 4th, 2023, 8:07 pm
Some observations.

1. The repeated use of the word 'Nazis' at the start is such a stark contrast to Dunkirk's intentional avoidance of the term.

2. They are really playing up the feel-good, rah-rah "America-F-yeah!" angle at the end there. And it's easy to see why: they are going for that American Sniper, Top Gun: Maverick money. It could be marketing genius, or it could backfire massively given the depressing frame story of the hearings that came after.

3. This isn't 100% given that it cuts off before the end, but the complete absence of Mr. Nolan's name is surprising. Is this the first actual, full-length trailer without a "FROM CHRISTOPHER NOLAN"?

4. "World War 2 would be over." That sounded way too on-the-nose, and gave me flashbacks to the much-derided Pearl Harbor line, "Did World War 2 just start?!". I feel like "The war would be over." would have been better, but who knows if it's played-up just for the trailer.

5. Some questionable editing like that slideshow at the end, which feels really hamfisted, like Universal going, "We got RDJ in here!! We got RDJ in here!"
I think we need the full trailer. The from Christopher Nolan could be at the beginning before this video starts.

Also, the America F Yeah stuff feels like it's about to have cold water poured on it with the end of the trailer but it gets cut off. The ending feels ominous but we don't have the full context of it yet.

As much as I like this one, I think trailer D (The IMAX exclusive trailer) is the best trailer we got so far.