Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Virtualcrane wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 7:29 pm
jjm8750 wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 10:53 am
^^^^

Tickets going on sale tomorrow. Has this been confirmed?
David Keighley just confirmed that IMAX plans to announce IMAX 70mm locations tomorrow but did not give a time. Maybe it coincides with the tickets going on sale?

https://www.reddit.com/r/imax/comments/ ... pe_begins/
Ah good stuff, thanks for this

El Especial wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 7:42 pm
Virtualcrane wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 7:29 pm
jjm8750 wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 10:53 am
^^^^

Tickets going on sale tomorrow. Has this been confirmed?
David Keighley just confirmed that IMAX plans to announce IMAX 70mm locations tomorrow but did not give a time. Maybe it coincides with the tickets going on sale?

https://www.reddit.com/r/imax/comments/ ... pe_begins/
Ah good stuff, thanks for this
Per my connections (a few middle tier folks at Cinemark) tickets will be on sell via the App tomorrow - you can set a reminder on the app to go off. However, I have no clarity on actual time. For those in Dallas, TX - There WILL be 70MM showings at Plano West CINEMARK and at the Webb Chappel IMAX. That location has a regulation IMAX screen, Plano will only have a standard screen. That’s all I got confirmed for this market. I believe Alamo Drafthouse locations across DFW will also get 70MM prints and possibly AMC Northpark. :gonf: If you’re not in Dallas… well… best of luck!

Forum Pro
I really wish there was some clarification about what time (and day) the tickets are going on sale. The whole thing with the TCL Chinese Theatre having the information on their site then removing it a few days before the alleged day and time (Thursday, June 1 @5AM) is so fishy. Guess I'm waking up at 4:45AM tomorrow either way.

Forum Pro

KEM
DylanHoang wrote:
May 31st, 2023, 11:38 pm
So Regal and Cinemark have their showtimes up. Just waiting on AMC now.
Also great news that Irvine Spectrum is rolling out the film projector
AMC sucks so much, they just closed the good IMAX that was right up the street from me, now I have to drive 40 minutes to downtown to go to a worse AMC IMAX that’s also $10 more per ticket

Ughhhh

Retskrad wrote:
May 30th, 2023, 5:20 am
I am exited for Oppenheimer but is anyone else wondering why Nolan uses the same cinematographer literally forever until they retire and he has to get a new one?

Directors like Denis Villeneuve, Kubrick, Scorsese all work with different cinematographers while retaining their signature style. The Shining looks completely different to Dr Strangelove and that one is completely different to Eyes Wide Shut. In Scorsese's case, Goodfellas looks completely different than Taxi Driver. In Villeneuve's case, Blade Runner 2049 looks different than Arrival and Dune. That's three cinematographers in a span of 5 years.

Meanwhile, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Tenet and now Oppenheimer all more or less look the same. Also, every Nolan film in the 2000's looked the same because once again, the same cinematographer in all of them.

When Nolan started working with Hoyte, he grew as a filmmaker but maybe it's time to find another cinematographer to get the juices flowing again.
OH MY GOD ITS ̶J̶A̶S̶O̶N̶ ̶B̶O̶U̶R̶N̶E̶ REKSTAD !!!
lol how i missed you my man, this forum was becoming quite stale without the shitousery, and bashing Hoyte right away, you`ve started strong keep it up buddy :gonf: